Workshop Artisanal Bread
9 February to 14:30 - 18:00
The workshop bread is proposed, for those who do not know, learn how to make their own bread and maybe, add some knowledge that can improve bread. Let's learn how to make pasta mother (sourdough), using baker's yeast and flour of various cereals and make unleavened bread.
One afternoon we cook and share food that changed the world. No final da oficina, I suggest a butter, an olive oil and seasoned to taste olive bread out of the wood oven and tea to accompany.
- Bread made by hand and oven
- Differences with conventional bread and produced industrially today
- Different flours and qualities: spelled flour, corn, kamut and rye
- The varieties of bread: unleavened (chapatis) and yeast (old Mass)
- Practice: Bread manufacture, knead, light the oven, baking
- Tasting with food and snacks for hotcakes wood!
Material to bring
- Apron and good humor
- Food to choose to taste with bread (olive oil, butter, candies, etc.) and make a dinner / seia at the end of the workshop!
All who want to learn the art of making bread by hand, the preparation of the old mass, knead in old earthen bowls, learn and prepare and light the wood stove for cooking and the different qualities of flour and how will result in different grades / textures and bread flavors.
*children up to 10 years the workshop is free!
Former Luisa Rebelo| professional baker Cooperative Aldea in Janas.